lundi 26 mars 2007

Kinna Robert Johnson Blues

when I woke up dis mo'ning de blues wuz there; I had a dream 'bout my baby openin' my door while I wuz listenin' to some blues which reminded my of Robert Johnson. I remmber 't'wuz an A song, with de bottleneck driven on a wood guitar and a medium fast 4/4 measure. Igit down of bed, grabbed my guitar en played mah walking blues. It goes like dis:

I woke up dis mo'nin'bout de break of day
woke up dis mo'nin 'bout de break of day
well, I got dese travellin' blues, I s'pose I jist cain't stay.

I hear a bell a-ringin' en I hear a whisle blow
I hear a bell a-ringin' en I hear a whisle blow
De train got to de station, I bilieve I'm bound to go.

Please, Mr Engineer man, please hurry up fo' me,
Said please, Mr Engineer man, please hurry up fo' me
I got dese travellin' blues, I'm jist as reckless I can be.

I gonna leave you baby, leave yo' bad luck town,
Who Who well, I gonna leave yo' bd luck town
Evuh since I got heah you keept foolin' a-roun'.

I gonna go, baby, to a place I nevuh been befo'
Said I gonna go, baby, well, to a place I nevuh been befo'
Well, you remembah what de good book say
Well it say "you gotta reap jist what you sow".